Saturday 19 May 2007

First Socks Now the Blasted Remote

So, I didn't sleep last night. I fell asleep pretty quickly listening to the lulling voice of Lloyd Robertson on the 11 o'clock news, but awoke a few hours later to phone sex commercial music. Grrrrrr..... I hate that music. Anyway, I reached for a remote and couldn't find them. I had two nestled beside me when I dozed off, one for the tv & one for the digital box, but they had mysteriously disappeared. O was sound asleep in the crook of my arm and I didn't want to disturb him. A MAC truck could run into the house in the daytime and he won't even budge, but move an inch at night and the boy wakes up!

Well, it is now morning. I was up and about at 6:22am and noticed 2 other little ones in my bed. Had I exchanged 2 remotes for 2 children during the night? I dragged my bum downstairs to hand off the baby and make coffee and then back upstairs I went and proceeded to tear the bed apart (carefully as to not awake my sleeping Giant Boy - Moo awoke when I did.) and nothing. Nada. Zilch. I did manage to find one under the bed but the actual tv remote is gone. I fondly remember the days when I had to get up and walk to the tv to change the channel and adjust the volume or in our case slap the side of the tv because the speaker would crackle and hitting it seemed to always make it better. Yup, life sure was simpler back then!

On a brighter note, and also looking back to when life was simpler. I have been having a blast reconnecting with some old friends online. Giving a shout out to Tiffany H in SF and to Sue wherever Hamner is! And yay for Liz laughing at the tongue picture. A picture really is worth a thousand words.

The natives are getting restless and I have to clean up and prepare for the big game this afternoon. Watching the game is so gutwrenching, so I REALLY hope that we take the series today. Too bad Terry has to work :(

GO SENS GO!!!!

No comments: