Wednesday 27 February 2013

What did that groundhog say again?

Well, I'm starting to doubt Wiarton Willie and Punxutawney Phil.  Though yesterday was beautifully mild, today started with sleet and now is snowing like mad.

Regardless of the weather, this morning I decided was a good day for a bit of spring shopping, so I hit my local Dollarama and IKEA to see what I could find.  Confession, I really only went to Dollarama to pick up some odds and ends like parchment paper and those foil burner cover thingys.  I ended up getting some uber cool sharmrock springy headbands and an Easter tin to boot.  And....


A Fishbowl Vase!!!  Just like the one that I saw on The Glamorous Housewife's website yesterday!  I was so happy!  Make that beyond happy.

At Ikea, I purchased some everyday stem glasses.  We used to have a set, but they all got broken, so I was thrilled to see that Ikea had decided to bring them back into their inventory.  I also purchased a couple of picture frames for a picture frame project I have been wanting to do, as well as some pretty white candle dishes. 

I really cannot wait to decorate for spring.  Of course, first I have to find everything in my storage room!  With the finishing of our basement, many things have gotten buried. I really need to organize and purge.  First I need to get the rest of the house in order though.  I sometimes feel as though I'm drowning in a sea of clutter.  Baby steps....baby steps.

No comments: