Saturday 2 March 2013

Operation Butterfly has Taken Flight!

After a few bumps in the road (my friend almost cancelled!!!), I am happy to report that I had a successful night out being SOCIAL!!!  We went to a restaurant called Rare, which had wonderful food and service.  The portions were huge!  I ate maybe half of my meal and brought the rest home, which I have so far been able to have a late night snack with, as well as breakfast this morning and there is still some left.  And no, there is nothing wrong with Chicken Penne for breakfast.  Nothing at all.

Here is my meal:



Yummy.

More important that the food, service and ambience was the company.  What a great group of women with whom to spend the evening.  It made being social very easy.  The conversation was relaxed and the women had the best stories.  I was actually surprised at how easy interacting with these total strangers were.  Just a bunch of moms, enjoying an evening out.  My only complaint was that I really didn't have a chance to talk to the women at the end of the table.  For that I am sorry.  Perhaps, a bit of mingling time before the dinner would have been a better idea.  Maybe drinks by the bar first, followed by the sit down dinner.

Of course, there were momentary hiccups, like when DD2 & DD3 had an argument at home and I was suddenly getting texts and phone calls.  I put on my best mommy tone and basically threatened that their sleepovers would be cancelled immediately if they did not ignore each other and stay in their own rooms.  DD1 was to contact me if anything started up again.  I, luckily, did not hear from home for the rest of my evening.

When I arrived home, DD1 and I cuddled on the couch and watched last week's episode of The Biggest Loser ( I didn't fall asleep this time!), while I was thankful that I didn't eat my entire plate or order dessert.  The two bites of my friend's crepe didn't count.  Shhh...don't tell anyone.


No comments: