Wednesday 13 March 2013

Oz the Great and Powerful.....in 3D


Well, after doing some online research, I decided to splurge and go to the 3D version of Oz the Great and Powerful. I am glad that I did.  Not that I could truly say whether or not it was the right decision without seeing the regular version as well to compare, but honestly, the truly spectacular 3D moments made it worth it to me. Actually the best 3D moment was when my son tried to catch a snowflake (or fluff, not sure) because he thought it was in front of him.  (If you ask him, he will swear he caught it).



Firstly, may I just say that I love my children dearly, but I think I would have enjoyed this movie more, had they not been there. Well, not the little ones, at any rate. There were moments in the middle that were on the boring side, so they were a little squiggly, as was the child behind me that kept tapping his foot. I was sitting between both of my sons, who both at one time asked after a scary moment, why we had to watch the movie in 3D.  Still, overall, it was a good experience, as everyone was exclaiming what a good movie it was afterwards.  My eldest and I also had to endure a half hour of questions.  It seems that my children had several inquiries about the witches.

As for the acting, I found it fine.  I had read an online review that criticized both James Franco and Mila Kunis' performances.  I found James Franco to be...well, James Franco.  It wasn't spectacular, but not horrible either.  But as for Mila Kunis, I loved her performance.  She played both sides of her character amazingly.  Ignore the haters, Mila!  You were awesome.

All in all, I enjoyed the movie and am glad that I had the chance to see it in the theatres.  For the five of us (one daughter didn't want to come and hubby was working), it cost about $70 for the tickets and food (we split 2 drinks and 2 bags of popcorn). Tomorrow's excursion will be much less expensive, as we will be going to the Museum of Nature after 5pm, so that admission is free and parking is only $5. That sort of plan gives me much less financial anxiety!







2 comments:

Christy Gillespie said...

It sounds great in 3D!

my five munchkins said...

It was! I visited many websites though, to decide. All seemed to say that 3D was the way to go. There are just some movies where 3D is worth it. I just found out that Jurassic Park is being re-released in 3D in April. Now, I bet that would be an amazing movie to see. I can't wait!